Tuesday, November 11, 2008



In Sept. President Unchtdorf gave a talk called "Happiness, Your Heritage". I loved, loved, loved this talk. It talks about two things women can and should do to emulate Heavenly Father. Those two things are to be creative and compassionate. I feel that I am good at being creative. I love to make cards, scrapbook pages and other projects. Every year I make or buy new ornaments for my christmas tree. This year I made these ornaments in the first picture. These are made of chipboard, stamping ink and glitter. They are much cuter in real life (I will get better at this picture taking stuff). I am making glass ornaments with ink and glitter to go with them but they aren't finished yet. I will add them later. The scrapbook page is a page I made of a picture of me and my friend Zanette Taney. She on of the reasons I miss Hyrum. She was in my ward there and I miss talking to her every-
day but no matter how far apart we live I know we will always be best friends. These cards are cards I made because I needed some more thank you and just a note cards.
After reading the talk by President Uchtdorf, I realized that even though I am creative I need to work on being more compassionate. I am in the Relief Society Presidency and we work with a lot of different women and I am not as sensitive as I could be. This is something I can definitely work on. Here is a quote I liked from the talk. "When we reach out to bless the lives of others, our lives are blessed as well. Service and sacrifice open the windows of heaven, allowing choice blessings to descend upon us. Surely our beloved Heavenly Father smiles upon those who care for the least of His children. As we lifet others, we rise a little higher than ourselves. President Spencer W. Kimball taught, "The more we serve our Fellowmen in appropriate ways, the more substance there is to our souls." I loved those words and will try to remember them when I need a reminder to serve with the right attitude! I am very grateful for all my blessings and I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to serve others in my calling. That is one reason I like to create things. I like to make things and give them away to women who might need a card or whatever at that time.



2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey, you took my idea. I'm going to post something on my blog about Pres. Uchdorff's talk, so watch for it. By the way, totally cute blog!

Elise DeMille said...

Great post Christy! You have inspired me to be more creative and compassionate as well. The creativity is so much easier to achieve. But I know I need to work on being compassionate. Thanks for the inspiration!!! Love and miss ya!! :)