Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas time

Christmas time is a big deal at our house. We always put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving (after Black Friday shopping of course). Bobby always puts up the tree and he has to fix and straighten every branch on the tree. It really annoys us because we impatiently waiting to put all the ornaments on. I let the kids decorate the whole tree first (usually I take a picture of their version). It is really interesting looking. All the ornaments are on the bottom portion of the tree and all ornaments are squished in one spot. I always redecorate spreading the ornaments around and making good use of the upper portion of the tree. I always decorate my tree different every year and this year I choose blue, silver, brown and white ornaments. Last year after Christmas I made the chipboard ornaments (shown in a previous post), and put blue and silver balls. I made brown and white glass ornaments with ink and glitter. My favorite part about Christmas is the tree. As a child I used to sit with the lights off and just stare at the tree. It is much funner to do that now because I have kids to join me. I also love Christmas music. I listen to FM 100 all during the holidays. It is amazing that old singers who had good Christmas music are still popular. For instance, I love listening to Berl Ives (sp?) and Marie Carpenter's Christmas music. I think it is because we listened to that when I was a child. I love all the days leading up to Christmas more than the actual day. The day goes by so fast and it is all over in a few minutes. This year I am keeping my life simple by not doing elaborate neighbor gifts or trying not to create and make too many things. Sorry neighbors!

No comments: