Friday, September 4, 2009

This Might be a One Time Thing




I did it! I canned 12 quarts of applesauce and 5 quarts of apple pie filling by myself. I never realized how much work it was going to be! I thought each project would take maybe half a day and I would be done. NOT SO! The applesauce took ALL day! I also didn't realize how messy the applesauce would be. Everything go was sooo sticky but I should have guessed that would happen when working with apples. I am very proud of the finished product but I don't think canning is for me. I feel I can use my time better doing something else. I think some people really enjoy all the cutting, coring, preparing, processing, but it was stressful for me maybe because I was worried I might mess up. It could be possible that I will change my mind after we enjoy the things I have canned but right now I it is still a pending matter for me!

No comments: