Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Family Menu

This is our menu written by
Trevor who acted as our scribe
I decided to try something new. Instead of wondering what to fix for dinner at 4:50 pm everyday, I decided to make a menu. We sat down as a family on Sat night and planned the whole weeks worth of meals. The kids picked the things they like me to cook and I don't have to think of the meal every night. I have always told Bobby that I don't mind cooking but I HATE deciding. This has helped a lot.


Then Bobby went to the store and bought all the ingredients we would need so I don't make 4 extra trips to the store. WHY DID I NOT DO THIS SOONER? It has been so nice to have it written and decided for me every night. This has also helped our spending money eating out budget too. If I have no plan then I immediately want to eat out instead of deciding. Making a menu every week was not one of my resolutions for the new year but I think we will keep it!

No comments: