Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's hard to let go


Yesterday it was walk to school day and my kids wanted to ride their bikes. We did and it wasn't enjoyable for Abbey, Kyra or me. However Trevor loved it. He got to go to school earlier and got to play soccer with his friends. After school he didn't even wait for me and just rode home. He is getting to the age (he's 10) where he doesn't need my so much anymore, SAD!

I am glad he is independent but he is my baby only because he is my first child. It is really hard to let him go. Someone please push the stop or pause button so my kids stop growing up. I am scared for them in that evil world. Trevor goes to middle school next year so I know I have to let go but it is hard!

2 comments:

Auntie Em said...

I think this EVERY day about Grace. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. Its bittersweet because you want them to continue to learn and grow but you want your children to stay small and innocent @ the same time.

Becky said...

Even though it is terribly hard to let them go, it is awesome to sit back and watch them find their own feet, then to spread their wings and fly! So be prepared to watch in awe. My kids surprise me every day with how strong they are amid the evil around them. You have taught them well- they will be ok!