Thursday, January 1, 2009

Decemember 2008

Ok here is the story. Every December I get involved in all these projects that keep me sooo busy the whole month. I promised myself I wouldn't get overwhelmed this year with everything so I eliminated some things. I still kept very busy right up until Christmas. I finished Janice's present very last (on Dec. 23rd) and forgot to take pictures.

My friends in Hyrum used to tease me about having so many scrapbook supplies. They called my house the "Christy Scrapbook Store" and would come over whenever they needed a scrapbook supply. I always had what they needed. I mention this because I didn't buy any paper for any of my projects. I only bought a few supplies for the advent calendar but I had everything else already in my possession. (Don't mention any of this to my husband --but do come over if you need any scrapbook supply :)).


Project #1


I like to get my Christmas card out early in December. This year I asked Mike Doxey to take pictures of my kids holding the letters spelling love. One of the pictures is at the top of this blog. There is another one below also. One of my most favorite part of Christmas is making my card and getting others' cards in the mail. I vow to never buy my cards but to always make them homemade.
Project #2



Our ward did a progressive dinner for their Christmas party this year. I was in charge of putting the cookbook together. I had to collect all the recipes from ward members and type and print them into this book. It turned out really good, except for the fact I forgot Bethany and LuAnn's recipe. I didn't forget because they were late either, I just plum forgot them. The party was really fun and we might do it again next year! Thanks Brooke Lambert for making the cover of the cookbook for us!
Project #3
On Dec. 8th I went to a Christmas/birthday dinner with my scrapbook friends. Melanie made us all a advent calendar and I decided to re-create it for my friend Zanette for her Christmas gift. When I gave it to her, she begged me to help her make 4 more. We gave 1 of those 4 to Dana White from both of us. I made 5 total. It was fun but it was a project, that's for sure! They sure turned out cute. I made Janice a 12 days of Christmas advent calendar with the meaning of the "12 days of Christmas" song in each tin but I didn't take any pictures of that either. I will show pictures later.
Project #4

My Friend Emily Younker was having a birthday on Dec. 19th so I made her these cards and delivered them to her. She used to be in our ward but she moved, sniff, sniff :( .I had to hurry and make these so I could do other Christmas projects- I only have 6 days left.
Project #5
I don't actually have any pictures of this project because it was unexpected and I just had to throw it together and honestly I forgot about the pictures. I also forgot to take my camera
to the family Christmas party so I didn't take pictures of the album but I will add some later if I get any copies. Susie (Bobby's sister) wanted to do something special for Oma and Opa's 50th Anniversary. She asked every family to write a letter to their parents/grandparents etc. and some pages with pictures to represent their family. I made 4 pages of the kids and Bobby and I. We gave them the book that night (the 20th) and they liked it.
Project #6


When I had just 3 kids we did a "JOY" picture. Now that I have 4 kids my mom has been asking when we were going to do another one with the word "LOVE". You saw one picture in the photo shoot that I used for my Christmas card and this is the framed picture I gave my mom.
Project #7
This looks like a strange Christmas project but it was. A long time ago my mom bought a shamrock just like this one and gave it to me to decorate for St. Patrick's Day. Just before we moved from Hyrum she asked for it back since I wasn't using it. When we moved from Hyrum we couldn't find it anywhere but just figured it would show up sometime. When we moved across the street this summer, we couldn't find it again so Bobby made her a new one. I actually can't take any of the credit for this project except for the raffia bow. Bobby made the whole thing including the painting and wire. Great job Bobby! My mom loved the gift but Keith (her husband) thought it was a little weird.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Aren't you just a crafty little thing! Great job! It looks like you have been a busy girl! I saw those advent calendars on another blog and loved them! I wish I lived closer to you so I could be one of your friends who you gave one to. ;)