Saturday, May 29, 2010

Antelope Island- Beware LOTS of pictures

I have to admit I grew up in SLC but had never been to Antelope Island. Last year Bobby went with Trevor's class. This year Bobby signed me up to go with Abbey. It only took me 37 years but I finally got there.
It was VERY, VERY windy as you can see by the hairdos.

div>ABs was taking break from the hike, having a drink.
I'm glad Antelope Island is a State Park otherwise we would have been bringing this treasure (and many more) home with us.

div>This is salt from the lake!! I had no idea how much salt was actually in the lake. As we were driving away on the bus you could see salt banks on the side of the shore. It looked like a snow bank but I was certain it was salt. The Salt Lake had 26 % salt in some places!!
I love spending time with my children indivdually so I was happy I got to spend the time with just her!!
Here we are on the bus together. Isn't this photo cute?
Here is the group-- funny kids!!
Abbey, Bianey, Koko, Guadalupe and Katelyn
One little Bison all by himself
These are just wild flowers I saw on the way to the bathroom. They must require little to no water because they were living in sand.
This is a badger skin. I didn't realize how many animals were actually on the island.
This is the lake. I took it because of the varying colors in the sand and water.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like lots of fun! I love the picture of you and Abby on the bus! So cute!

Callen and Kellie said...

Bianey, Koko, and Guadalupe. :) Kids' names are killer to spell. Thanks again for coming! It sure it nice to have responsible parents who can be so helpful!