Friday, December 18, 2009

Neighbor gifts






Bobby has started a new traditon in our family. Last year he started and I think it will continue on. I love it because it is his thing and it helps him be part of all the fun. Another reason I love it is because it reminds me a little of what his parents do for neighbor gifts. When Bobby was growing up his mom made her famous sourdough bread with the knots on top and delivered it to everyone. I even got hot loaves delivered to me when we were dating. (He has a very smart mother!!) Anyway, this cookie recipe is his mother's recipe and now it is our tradition to make them and give them out to the neighbors. Last year Bobby gave them to his Friend John that he carpools with. Bobby took them our Christmas card this year and John's wife asked if he was making the cookies and asked if she could buy extra. That made Bobby feel really good. He make them 6 dozen, we hope that was enough!!!






I special soaps and sanitizers this year. I printed words on transparencies and put them inside. I can't show all the ones I made because I have either given them away or I don't want to ruin the surprise but I think they turned out very cute. Everyone turned out different thanks to the wordle.net website and thanks to Dana for introducing me to it. I posted the picture of the one I made for our family.

2 comments:

Elise DeMille said...

Can I be your neighbor??? Once upon a time I kinda was. I want to try these famous cookies!! Hey you could bring some Monday night! Hint hint! I can't wait to see you!

Becky said...

You are amazing! That's all I have to say!