Monday, August 24, 2009

A new tradition at the Waechtler house- Lazy day

On Friday I made a deal with my kids. I told them for one whole day they didn't have to do anything I said. That meant no getting dressed for the day, no combing hair, brushing teeth, reading, cleaning-- nothing except being lazy! What did I get myself into!? I had to stop myself 100 times from telling them to "clean up this mess", or "why don't you comb your hair?" etc., etc. They loved it! Kyra ate breakfast at 11am and lunch at 2 pm. Fridays are my cleaning day so I didn't take it off. I was emptying the garbages and I asked Jacob (3) to help me. I figured he wouldn't care about the deal I made with the other kids and he would be happy to help. To my surprise he said no, that little stinker. I didn't even make him do anything that day. I got the best mom of the day award. I have no pictures for this post but you can imagine that my kids looked like orphans! I guess we will have to carry on this traditional and take a day off once in a while. Next time I am taking the day off too!

3 comments:

Auntie Em said...

I am glad to hear it was a success! Your amazing.

Brooke said...

What a genius idea!!!!! But it would be better if WE got the lazy day, I think.

Whit said...

I LOVE this idea - and definitely think you need to take it with them next time. That way you'll enjoy it more. :)